Not long to go…
There are only four days to go in the Defying Doomsday crowdfunding campaign!
So far 213 supporters have pledged $11,415 to help us make an anthology of apocalypse-survival fiction with a focus on disabled characters.
That’s 213 people who are I will cherish forever. Thankfully my heart has an infinite capacity for love. You are all wonderful.
The last month has been busy-busy, so I thought I’d give a little summary of some of the happenings as our campaign progressed:
Tsana Dolichva and I bounced all over the net in a blog hop. Here are our posts:
- Tsana talked about The Inspiration Behind “Defying Doomsday” at Diversity in YA
- I talked about Realism and Disability in the Apocalypse at Adventures of a Bookonaut
- Tsana and I were interviewed by SC Flynn
- Tsana asked What Kind of Apocalypse Would You Survive? at Speculating on SpecFic
- Tsana talked about Disabled and Chronically Ill Characters in Speculative Fiction at SF Signal
- I wrote some Tips for Writing Disabled Characters at Ebon Shores
- I talked about Apocalypse Fiction at DiversifYA
- Tsana talked about different apocalypse possibilities at Dark Wolf Fantasy
- Tsana and I were interviewed by Marisa Wikramanayake
- Tsana was interviewed on the podcast Galactic Chat
- I talked about The Myths of Disability in Life and Fiction at Stephanie Gunn’s blog
- Tsana talked about why we chose the apocalypse theme at A Fantastical Librarian
- Tsana shared her superpower at Skiffy and Fanty
- Tsana talked about Defying Doomsday at the Australian Women Writers Challenge blog
We announced some of the authors who will appear in Defying Doomsday and shared a little about them and their stories on our blog:
- We announced that Robert Hoge will be writing our introduction
- Tsana reblogged a bunch of awesome posts on our Tumblr
- Tansy Rayner Roberts wrote about why she’s excited for Defying Doomsday
- John Chu wrote about stories that feature characters who don’t normally get the spotlight
But there are still four days to go and we have $1585 left to raise before Defying Doomsday can become a reality! We need your help!
If you would like to pledge or share the campaign (and I hope you will!), you can find it here: http://www.pozible.com/project/188146
To everyone who has already pledged and/or spread the word, your support has honestly overwhelmed me. This anthology is nothing without you. Thank you.