Zombie Flash Fiction Competition
“The time has come,” the Olive said, “For a zombie flash fiction competition!”
It might not have quite the ring of Lewis Carroll, but it’s bound to be just as fun. So step right up, flash fiction addicts and zombie fanatics alike.
1. Write a story in under 250 words. This is an absolute maximum, but there is no minimum. If you can write the perfect story in 50 words, do it. I’ll even accept a Haiku if it really rocks my socks off!
2. The story must contain zombies, or references to zombies.
3. (And this is the kicker) The story must be humorous. Whether it’s dry, dark, satirical, laugh out loud, hyperbolic, farcical, or screwball humour, I leave it up to you, but it must be, in your opinion and for whatever reason, funny.
4. You can enter your story in a few ways:
- Share your story in the comments section of this post,
- Share your story on your own blog and link here in the comments or by adding your details to the Linky tool at the end of this post,
- Post your story to the Confessions of a Stuffed Olive Facebook page.
The winning story will be published on my blog and illustrated by your very own Olive! The winner will also receive an ebook copy of the In Fabula-Divino anthology which includes my short story “The Secret Life of a Zombie Fan” and is scheduled for release next week!
The competition opens NOW and closes on Monday (11th March) at midday just in time for the In Fabula-Divino launch.
Need Some Inspiration?
Nothing could be better than the “Plants vs Zombies” music video:
Heh. It leaves me grinning ear to ear every time.
Now, stop watching the video on repeat and go write me a story!
(And don’t forget to tell your friends!)
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED! (I will announce the winners shortly…)